Quality Control Technician at GSI Highway Products
Location : Hutchins, Texas 75141
Job Classification : Experienced
Minimum Salary : $24,960.00
Maximum Salary : $33,280.00
Start Date : Starts Immediately
Assist Quality & Safety Manager with quality control functions to ensure that all products meet applicable codes, contract documents, and schematics. Assist Quality & Safety Manager with routine safety audits, training and compliance with applicable safety requirements.
• Review drawings and schematics: 1) for correct procedures/possible problems for welders/fitters prior to production and 2) in planning for accurate welding and fitting data
• Perform and document First Article, In-Process, and Final inspections (in-house and at vendor locations as needed)
• Assist with jig fabrication and designs
• Material Receipt Inspection
• Job Material Certification Packages
• Schedule and assist with outside inspectors
• Other QC and Safety duties and special projects as assigned.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Other duties and special projects in the Quality and Safety department as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Basic ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Familiarity with AWS D1.1 Welding Code
• Previous QC experience required; previous safety experience preferred
• Familiar with jig fabrication and design
• Understanding of specifications relevant to steel fabrication (AASHTO, ASTM, etc.)
• Ability to read schematics
• Previous steel welding and fitting experience required
• Supervisor/Management experience preferred
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND DEMANDS:
• Must be able to stand/walk for an extended period of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Lifting in excess of 50 pounds requires use of a forklift or assistance.
Job Type: Full-time; Non-Exempt/Hourly
Location: Hutchins, TX
Required experience: AWS D1.1: One year
GSI Highway Products is a producer and supplier of steel and aluminum bridge rails, pedestrian rails, handrails, highway guardrails, miscellaneous fabricated steel, and trailer truck mounted attenuators to the highway, bridge, and utility construction markets.